✺ How to Change Google Play Store Region
When it comes to Google Play Store, the official Android app store, there’s no doubt about how simple and intuitive the process of downloading their apps is, allowing you to add functionality to your device.
However, you probably haven’t considered the implications that moving to another region would have on this application, in terms of the payment methods used, as well as the catalog of applications you would have access to in that destination country, taking into consideration that Google Play may allow or block certain applications, depending on the area where the device is located.
Whether you’ve recently moved or want to access the Play Store in another region, the following post will show you how to change your Google Play Store region so that you can do any of these things.
How to change Google Play Store region?
To adjust the region associated with Google Play Store services, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- From the main screen of your Android device, press the Google Play Store logo to access its interface.
- Display the hidden side menu on the left side of the screen and click on the Account option.
- Once inside, you will see a country related option in the menu, as well as profiles.
- To assign a new country, click on the Country category and select the new region to which the Google Play Store on your Android device will be associated. You may also need to set up a new payment method according to the country you’ve chosen.
- A warning message will be displayed on screen, but don’t worry, you’ll just have to click on the button to continue and accept the changes. After doing this, you may have to wait for 24 hours to access the Google Play Store in your selected region.
- Please note that this region setting may not be available for any country in the world, as it is only enabled if you were previously in the country to which you want to change the region in your Google Play Store account.
- Also, if you have the Google Play Family Library feature, please note that this section will not have the option to change the Google Play Store region.
Change Google Play Store region: Considerations
When you make the decision to change the Google Play Store region on your Android device, you should consider the following:
- First, you won’t have the opportunity to use your old payment method because adjusting your Google Play Store account region also affects the currency used.
- Also, you won’t be able to use your Google Play account balance in the country you’ve assigned to the new region, including any gift cards that still have a positive balance or credit accumulated as a result of Google Opinion Rewards.
- You will only be able to change the Google Play Store region on your Android device once a year, and you will have the opportunity to reset this option to your home country after that time.
Ultimately, you’ll be wise to change your Play Store region only if you move to that country or plan to stay for a year or more.
While there are options such as VPNs that allow you to hide your actual location when accessing the Play Store, this is a strategy that in the end is not worth the effort just to get a few extra applications, plus you’ll be forced to always use this alternative for a long time, which can be a real hassle.